The Global Problem
Globally it is estimated that food waste currently causes 14% of the world’s Greenhouse gas emissions. In the UK alone, businesses currently generate around 15 million tonnes annually, 40% of which will go to landfill. The methane gas emissions from landfill are increasingly being recognised as far more harmful to our planet than carbon – in fact 25 times more damaging as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide (CO2) .
In recognising this major issue, governments worldwide are implementing legislation to combat this waste epidemic, none moreso than in the UK and Europe where food waste is becoming recognised as a valuable asset.
The WasteMaster Solution
It is estimated that approximately 3.2 tonnes of landfill gas emissions are prevented for every two tonnes of food waste converted and diverted from landfill sites. The WasteMaster conversion process diverts putrescible food waste from landfill, from being flushed into the sewer system or incinerated, helping to reduce the future global burden of greenhouse gas emissions.
For every 500kg of food waste loaded into the system, WasteMaster outputs just 100kg of compost-like residual material which can be used for clean fuel for power generation through anaerobic digestion, and other purposes depending on the feed stock loaded.
This compost-like material can be used in environmentally beneficial ways such as the production of green energy through anaerobic digestion.
- Reduces your environmental impact
- Re-purposes your food waste for positive re-use
- Reduces the volume and weight of your food waste by up to 80%
- Reduces your ever-increasing costs associated with food waste management
- Provides a safer and cleaner work environment by eliminating large amounts of rotting waste and removing the need for waste collection vehicles
- Reduces the quantity of collection bins required at your site